Monday, November 12, 2007

Chemo at home this week


My friend is stopping by to take Kato's blood and if all is well he will be getting his chemo at home this week. It will be oral medication taken over a three day period.

It's been a strange weekend. Kato is very solid when it's comes to being housebroken, but he's urinated in the house a few times this weekend. I'm sending a urine sample along with his blood, as this is completely out of character for him. I am really surprised that he's done this and hope it isn't behavioral!

More to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kato has been through so much in the last few weeks with his upset tummy, his teeth, and the chemo. I hope it is just a stress reaction and nothing wrong with his urinary system like an infection. The urine test should be informative I think. Good idea to request it. The FE and I will be sending many, many, good thoughts to you and Kato during the next few days. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Good thoughts sent to Kato!

XOXOXO

Dee and Kato said...

I hope so too, T-3!

Thanks for the good thoughts & hugs!

Dee and Kato said...

Thanks, Joyce! He's feisty and doing well!

My friend took his blood in, so I'll get the results tomorrow night. I have his chemo here all ready for him. His chemo nurse said that this one does cause nausea, so I'll give him Reglan before each treatment and hope for the best. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Kato will get over this little "incontinence" episode... Do his chemo meds make him drink more? Any effects on the nervous system, something to do with holding it?

Good toughts your way from Canada,
Isa, Jessie and everyone else

Dee and Kato said...

Hi Isa!

Kato's test results came back fine. The oncologist said the urinating is not a side effect of any of the meds he's getting, so....uh oh, lol.
I've tried taking him out even more and pulling up the area rugs and he hasn't gone in the house since, so I hope this is the end of it.:)

Thanks for the input and good thoughts!

Love to all!