Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Finally feeling better!


Kate is finally feeling better after a really bad allergy attack (not chemo related) and the blahs from chemo. He wound up on antibiotics & Benadryl 3x per day. His neck and head were raw and bleeding. I have never seen him like this. I did get a really good tip from one of his Vets that helped his itching quite a bit. She suggested using Gold Bond powder on him and it really made a difference, along with the Benadryl.
He's looking really great and I'm glad we have a week before his next chemo. I'm also grateful the treatments are almost over as he isn't tolerating them as well as he used to.

10 comments:

W said...

Ooh, Gold Bond is a great idea! Glad to hear Kato is doing better. It breaks my heart to think of you guys going through this.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kato,
I am so glad he is doing better...he is such a strong dog, and very lucky to have you!

Dee and Kato said...

Tara, I'm so glad you saw this as I was thinking of your dog (N) when I posted it.

Thanks for the kind words and your constant support. You have no idea how much it means to me. I can't wait until the chemo is over. I can't stand seeing Kate sick.

Dee and Kato said...

Thanks so much, Mil! Your support means the world to me, especially since you've been through it.

Anonymous said...

It must be very difficult to see Kato when he looks poorly ie: bleeding even if it is not bugging him too much it would be hard to handle I think. Please take it easy and remember that you are really doing everything possible you can and Kato is lucky to have you. Be sure to get out in the sunshine (when it breaks through) to lift your spirits. *sending good thoughts*

Dee and Kato said...

Will do, T-3!

Thanks! (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Awww poor baby. I am sorry he is feeling so rough. I never thought of using Gold Bond when Munkee has the itchies. Is he doing any better?

Dee and Kato said...

Hey Cheeky!

He is just about back to normal, except for the itching.
He has a tough chemo treatment tomorrow, so I'm a little worried.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

Kato has already proven he is one tough dog!

Now give him a big hug and whisper in his ear that I love him.

Anonymous said...

The FE and I are thinking of you and Kato and hoping this treatment goes well.

t