Monday, October 8, 2007

Not a good day


I just got a call from the vet. It seems that Kato has broken a molar on the kennel while waiting for his treatment and has to have emergency dental surgery. :( He won't be able to have his chemo today either.
They are planning to send him home with oral chemo that will be given for three days.
I am really worried about him getting anesthesia.
Not a good day.

Please send him some healing vibes.

I'll update when he gets out of surgery.

*He's out of surgery*

They finished surgery about 7:30pm. Apparently, he broke more than one tooth and also had one that had to be removed, so they took out three altogether and removed a growth from his eyelid. He's staying there for another hour, then my friend will bring him home.

They are also making some type of change to his chemo regimen. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but will speak to his Oncologist tomorrow. They're either changing his protocol or skipping ahead to the next treatment which he will be having on Thursday.

More later!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Kato!! I will pray for smooth surgery and a fast recovery!

Dee and Kato said...

Thanks, sugary!!! I'm a nervous wreck!

I know you, lol. Great Noodle pics that BR posted! :)

Unknown said...

Kato is just trying to get our attention, since his chemo is going so well. :)

Anonymous said...

Please take very good care of yourself right now. I can only imagine how stressed you feel but remember that you have done a great job taking care of Kato and have given him the best possible care so feel content, okay? So now we all need to send lots of healing thoughts for you and him.:) ~~~~~good thoughts going your way ~~~~~

Anonymous said...

Poor baby boy. I love you Kato! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Phew, surgery went well! I'm convinced he will bounce right back up!
...teeth are not that useful anyway, are they?

isa

Dee and Kato said...

Thanks, Debby, T-3 & Isa!

He's doing very well! He's eaten a few meals and seems to be back to himself!

Hugs,
Dee & Kato